Sunday, January 30, 2011

“Weekends don't count ...”

Snowy doe taken by the fabulous Jerry Byard
...unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. 
- Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes author/artist)


 Yesterday was one of those rare winter days here with no wind. It was snowing like we were in a snow globe, all uber-quiet and in slow motion, so I took the dog out for a long hike. No crows, no blue jays, just the distant chainsaw going in the orchard. Plus, it had that cool winter smell going. Love riding in that heavy snow when it's that still and all you hear is your pony breathing and pluming steam like a hairy grey dragon. It's even better when it's bareback and you are warm and toasty and both covered in snow.

My borrowed arrows are now all new and shiny thanks to Paul. And now I know how to stick my fletching back on. It's actually kinda fun to do. Tomorrow I get my very own set with funky spiral papery fletch so I'd better get the clicker sorted.

Clicker = aughhh. Getting the shot to go off and not losing all form completely, are somehow mutually exclusive. Next week is the 420 tournament and week after is States, so better get this figured out tout de suite. No pressure.

No comments: