Monday, November 12, 2012

Bona Fide

Jess and the universal search for back connection.
So this past weekend was girl time. Hubby went fishing and my sis and I went up to YMCA Camp Arrowhead in Rochester to take the Level II instructors course. We learned to set up a range properly - complete with 8 point buck strolling directly behind the arrow curtain. Apparently there is no hunting allowed on camp grounds. That would explain the whitetail middle finger while walking 20yds away from 10 people pointing bows at him. Seriously, I wish I had my camera for that one.

We covered A LOT of material in a day and a half. As a result, I finally understand the end of the B.E.S.T. shot sequence to the point where I think I can explain it to someone else now.  Also, if you have not been woken up at midnight to explain why the wingspan method of measuring draw length makes sense (typo in the book - you have to divide by 2), you haven't lived my friend.

The group had some archers and some Y directors that had never shot before, so a pretty mixed group. The non-shooters were pretty excited after the hands-on part. Funny how fast people decide this is cool thing to do. Like after 3 arrows. :)

Yes, we both passed the final with a lot of giggling and whispering. We find the same things hilarious and don't see each other enough. So yeah, guess we are lucky we didn't end up in detention. Giggle.

Yes, that is a real dog.
Rizzo hung out with us all weekend.





No comments: