Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Making the World Smaller, One Blog at a Time

"Munmmfpphh!?"
Hola! Everyone seems to be heading inside now that winter has actually woken up here in NYS. It was a balmy 11 degrees this morning while writing this. More cooking, indoor practice for me and blogging.  I've just sent in my second article on cold weather practice tips (see poll on left, tick tock) for BowAmerica, so look for the new issue in your inbox, February 5th. The first issue was really, really well received by everyone, so don't miss out! The next issue will be even bigger and better!

In order to stave off cabin fever, I have connected with more bloggers with similar interests in the past few weeks, including Stephanie at ::StephChows:: (food and crafty-ness) and Annie at At Home and at Sea (Sailing and organic cooking) and Grant from Grant Taylor Images (fly fishing and photography).

Matt and I live in the sticks, so planning to shoot our winter league is important when the roads are crappy and icy and we need to get the heck out of the house. Grant joins us sometimes when he has new shiny equipment to sight in. Stephanie and I met up last weekend for some archery practice, Korean food and a crash course in crocheting. Hilarious! I don't crochet, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thanks, Steph!

Annie is the co-captain and chef of the J&E Riggin in Maine and somehow finds the time to come up with new and delicious organic recipes. It's looking like a very fun vacation! I can't wait to meet her!

One of my all-time favorite blogs to read, and the blogger I'd most like to meet when I hit Denver, is Erika from Red Head Writing, a business strategist that pulls no punches. If you can't handle the f-bomb, avoid. She gets the big picture of business and life in general. From her current blog page this week, "Remember. Apply love liberally, in all that you do. We only have one chance to own this motherfucker of a ride called life, and well, yeah. Own it." I am impatiently waiting for her new book to come out. Hello, Amazon - this one for Kindle, please!

I'm off to San Francisco for work this weekend, so may not post for a bit. In the meantime, check out the above bloggies. :-)

2 comments:

stephchows said...

I had so much fun! Sounds like you've been having all types of fun meeting up with people!

Grant Taylor said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out, Amanda! Maybe see you guys on Thursday! Safe travels!

G.