Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's all age related

Ex-model (Why do they always seem to be ex-models? Do they have super powers or something?) Phyllis Reffo walked on to the Pepperdine swim team after only swimming for 6 years. And she's 49. Stunning looks aside, this lady decided to pick up swimming to keep in shape and now competes with the team, attends classes and moms two girls.

And then there is Dara Torres, who just keeps coming back for more, including a run at the 2012 games. This is a great video of her speaking at an event.

My coach is much younger than I am, but it doesn't stop him from having more experience at this. Or knowing how to push my buttons.

"The water doesn't know your age." Right, and neither do your arrows. So, I guess it's off to the gym this morning for my weights class after seeing the Dara Gun Show.

No comments: