Friday, December 31, 2010

Why I am Boycotting New Year's Resolutions

"New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."
- Mark Twain

I already boycotted sending holiday cards this year, my grandmother will probably never forgive me. I did three and then they just sat there making me feel guilty. My good friend Stacey and I were talking last night over beer, among other things, that people don't send the "brag letters" out with cards anymore. We have gotten used to the instant gratification of Facebook. Everyone knows 5 minutes after you have kissed a boy, bought a new car, had a baby, broken up with your bf, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Shall we dance? Rent the movie.


2010 was a good year reflectively. Not too many f-ups, lots of new things tried (hello, blog) and people met. Regrets are few, mostly not having the guts to do something bigger. Or creating the time to do those big scary things. Maybe this year. Stacey, if you do go ahead with your plans, you have my full thumbs up.

Announcing that I will, finally, lose those pesky 10 lbs won't make it happen, but you better believe if it happens, you will be reading about it on Facebook.

A toast, to all of you reading this for the first time and those who stop in once in a while. Thanks and Happy New Year.

No comments: