Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hybrids - not always a good idea

So I decide on a whim to sign Matt and I up for one of the Sunday tournaments. It's a well thought out plan. Just put some new gear on my recurve and it's not tuned in and I don't have the energy or patience to mess with it, so out comes the compound instead, which I have not shot in 6 months. On the very last end, I start to shoot well. Kept pushing hard with my bow hand, even though it's not necessary with this bow. Hellooo. Oh, well. It was fun and it got the first one out of the way. Realized that I need to focus on just aiming more and just trust the process to work. Good lesson. Will work on getting things set up and ready to go before the leagues start after the new year.

Matt did really well and he hasn't shot in a few weeks, never mind a full round of 60 arrows. Spent the rest of the day relaxing with some friends we have not seen in a long time. Feeling like my batteries are recharged and I might get through the next week.

No comments: