Monday, August 23, 2010

Not just another post

Alrighty then. It's definately time to get down to business. Did get to shoot a very nice "real" bow last Monday. My left arm has gone completely to pot from not holding up anything besides itself all summer. Boo. On the bright side, I had a great time using a sight and a stabilizer again. And by sheer will (ok, maybe luck) managed to put a few in the x-ring before the end. At any rate, did well enough to be encouraged and excited.

Today switched up to another bow to add 5 lbs more to start working up to 30 lbs. The next time you see me, check the guns. Seriously though, this is going to force me to get to the gym and do more than hit the elliptical machine. Want to be able to shoot 70m next year. There. I've said it. It's gone public.

Slightly off topic, looking where the elite shooters get to go - check out the backdrop on this World Cup venue in Utah a few weeks ago. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1276828
Jamie Van Natta's dad gives a nice day-by-day overview of the event with lots of pics. I think I would be lulled into not paying attention with all those mountains.

No comments: